There were three primary reasons we started Herrick Games and Hobbies:
- To grow the hobby community;
- To give back;
- To learn how to run a business.
Charitable Giving in 2019
In 2019, because of your support, we've been able to give back in the following ways:
- In January we became a sponsor of the NOVA Open Charitable Foundation and donated the following complete armies:
- Blood Angels
- Death Gaurd
- Aeronautica Imperialis
- More coming soon!
- In February we donated all of our profits to Doctors Without Borders and secured a matching donation for a total of $5000.
- In April, our founder, Skye, joined the NOVA Open Charitable Foundation as a board member.
- In June we ran a charity auction with Limited Edition Catachan Colonel donating $260 to Doctors without Borders.
- In July we announced an upcoming charitable auction for the entire Indomitus Crusade Box from the following fantastic artists:
- In the middle of August, our founder, Skye, had to evacuate his home due to an encroaching wildfire and after clearing the area we announced all profits for the remainder of August and September would go towards supporting fire ravaged communities across the Western United States.
- In September we announced the Adopt-a-Gamer program whereby members of our community who experience personal tragedy and loss of gaming collections (like through wildfires, hurricanes, and other natural disasters) can get support from members of our community.
- We commit to using our place of privilege, and our store, to do good in the world and our community.
- We commit all profits from the month of February (Skye's Birthday) and September (Store's Birthday) will go to charity.
- We commit to support individuals who have experienced loss, and that are doing good, whenever we are able.
We want you to know that choosing Herrick Games and Hobbies isn't just about getting great products and great service, it's about supporting the wider community and giving back. Thank you for being one of our amazing customers and allowing us to help others.